The Queen Street and West Woollahra Association (QSWWA) is a residents’ and traders’ action group, formed to protect the interest of local residents and business people. It acts as a forum through which they can raise their voices effectively on planning and local government matters and influence the decisions of public authorities.
The association is vitally concerned to preserve both the ‘village high street’ atmosphere of Queen Street and the interesting architectural heritage of the area. It also seeks to prevent unsympathetic real estate development and to improve amenities for local residents.
- to foster a sense of identity and pride in Woollahra’s unique character
- to preserve the architectural characteristics of the area
- to prevent properties from falling into decay through neglect or unreasonable delays in
redevelopment, and to discourage unsympathetic development
- to press for the beautification of streets and recreation areas by tree planting, street furniture and signage
- to fight visual pollution of the area by ugly advertisements, poles, wires and other eyesores
- to ensure the quiet of the area is preserved
- to ensure the safety and convenience of pedestrians and vehicles
- to attract appropriate businesses and services to the area and to foster in those businesses a sense of community involvement that will benefit residents and visitors
- to assist charitable and community service organisations through fundraising and joint activities.
Become a member
Individuals and businesses can become members of the QSWWA. Have your voice heard in local affairs, and promote your business to the readers of our newsletter. Click here for a business membership form or for a resident membership form.
The QSWWA Committee
The QSWWA is administered by a volunteer committee elected annually by members. The committee meets monthly (on the first Tuesday of each month).
Members and prospective members are welcome to attend.
For further details please contact email@example.com.
President Ken Gresham
Treasurer Alan Smith
Committee Ian Mansell, Richard Banks, John Knott, Phillip Mitchelhill, Giles Edmonds, Susie Willmott
The Village Voice team:
Editor Giles Edmonds
Advertising Manager Susie Willmott
Layout Eric Scott
Ian Angus OA, Robin Brampton, Elizabeth Gervay, Graham Freudenburg, Cynthia Gregory-Roberts, Ken Gresham, Charles Lloyd Jones, Rosemary McDonald, Duane Norris, Ron Osbourne, Norman Prescott, Leo Schofield, Tom Wilhelm